How your agents speak to callers at your call centre can be just as important as what they are saying. Words delivered with authority and confidence are better received by customers and prospects. Listening skills and getting through the “Gate Keepers” is equally important and making friends with “Gate Keepers is not necessarily the answer – and in fact wasting valuable time. Luckily, you don’t have to hire only voice actors and extroverts. It’s possible to teach great phone skills to anyone and welcome to OceanConnects Voice Marketing Strategy!
How to Sound Confident Over the Phone
Before you start training, you need to understand what it takes to sound authoritative over the phone. Agents achieve results when they sound:
- Knowledgeable but not overly rehearsed or like they are reading directly from a script
- Smooth and natural
- Correctly modulated in terms of volume
- Thinking on your feet – having an ability to change techniques by the receiving voice on the other end of the phone
- Like they are making statements, instead of raising their voice in question at the end of sentences
- Polished and not stumbling
- Articulate, with no “ums” and stutters
- Short, Sweet, to the point, close
Going Beyond Confident
Of course, to sound confident, your agents need to have the right tools at their disposal. Trusting that their business phone lines and phone dialer software will work correctly every time lets them totally focus on their job is absolutely essential to close. Easy-to-use systems ensure your agents can connect with confidence. Sit up Straight, Smile and Focus.
Helen X Rowland
9th June 2021
Comments are closed